Wednesday, December 12, 2007

In Her Own Words

transcripted from her media interview:

I want to extend my sympathy to the families of the victims and the gunman, and I mean that very sincerely.

What happened yesterday at church: I heard shots fired, and there was chaos and there were a lot of people in the church, and people were running away from where the shots were fired. The shots were so loud, I thought he was inside. He wasn’t even inside yet when I heard the rounds. It seems like the halls cleared out, I saw him coming through the doors. I took cover, and I waited for him to get closer, then I came out of cover, and I identified myself, and engaged him, and took him down.

I give the credit to God, and I mean that, I say that very humbly. God was with me… this has got to be God, because of the firepower that he had versus what I had, was God. I did not run away, and did not think for a minute to run away, I just knew that I was given the assignment to end this before it got too much worse.

I just prayed for the Holy Spirit to guide me, I just said Holy Spirit be with me. My hands weren’t even shaking. Honestly, I was very focused, and it was chaotic, it was so loud, I will never forget the gunshots, it was so loud. I was just focused, I just knew I was not going to wait for him to do any further damage. I just knew what I had to do.

No comments: